The beer-lover’s guide to doing Beau’s Oktoberfest
With so many beers to try in just one weekend, you’ll need a solid plan. Here’s the inside scoop, with 8 been-there, done-that tips to make sure you don’t miss a thing.
- Get the app & check out the map. The official app has a list of all the Beau’s beers that will be flowing, plus a list of other breweries sending kegs of their finest. Favourite the ones you most want to check out. Each of the beer tents is named after a city in Germany and features a different mix of beers on tap.
- Plan a safe way home. Add on a bus package or camping pass when you buy your tickets, or you can check out some local hotels and pre-arrange a cab.
- Arrive early. This is the one party where it’s cool to show up early. Be at the stage during opening ceremonies to taste the cask-conditioned Märzen, then beat the line-up at Craft Haus by heading straight there to see what’s pouring.
- Wear a watch. Did you know? Secret kegs are tapped at Craft Haus at specific times. Plus you can’t be late for class if you are coming to School of Bock!
- Stay hydrated and fed. Set down a solid base for your beer adventures with an early meal at restaurant row, and hit up the water station anytime you walk by one.
- The homebrew competition. Sample and vote for your favourites while you chat with fellow beer enthusiasts. The winning beer will be brewed by Beau’s for next year’s Oktoberfest.
- Easter Eggs. There are a handful of Beau’s beers that are exclusive to Oktoberfest 2018 – don’t miss ‘em! Hint: they are all in different tents.
- Visit the brewery. It’s open 10-6 during Oktoberfest, catch a shuttle just outside the fairgrounds. Self-guided tours, samples, and the place to buy bottles to-go.