Beau’s mid-winter beer celebration ‘feBREWary’ returns for 2019 edition
300+ participating locations in 3 provinces to serve up 5 brand-new beers from Beau’s, plus weekend festivities at Beau’s all month long
Beau’s Brewing Co. is announcing details today for feBREWary, its annual month-long mid-winter beer celebration taking place at more than 300 Canadian restaurants, pubs and retailers, as well as onsite at the brewery. Now in its eighth year, the event was created by Beau’s to “give Old Man Winter a kick in the snow pants” during the shortest and often coldest month of the year. Beau’s will release a brand-new beer each week to be tapped at participating feBREWary locations in Ontario, Québec and Manitoba, as well as the Vankleek Hill, ON brewery.
The beer line-up for feBREWary 2019 is both creative and fun, with five different certified organic beers that will pique the interest of the craft beer fan. They are:
- Week 1: The Astromacer sage gruit, an herbal ale brewed with rye, buckwheat and oats with organic sage in place of hops, in celebration of International Gruit Day (5.7 %)
- Week 2: Motueka Pilsner, brewed exclusively with organic New Zealand motueka hops, which light up this classic European beer style with their tropical, citrusy brightness (5.3 %)
- Week 3: Dry Irish Stout, a black ale with interwoven coffee and chocolate flavours. Rich and silky, it suggests sweetness but delivers a dry toasty finish (4.1 %)
- Week 4: Grumpiest of All Time urbock, a dark, warming and richly malty German-style lager made with all-German organic malts and organic perle hops from Austria (7.0 %)
- Week 5: Paper Chase birchwood ale, a copper-coloured certified organic beer brewed with locally foraged birch bark and aged on roasted Canadian birchwood (5.6 %)
Each participating feBREWary partner celebrates the event in their own way, from fun chalkboard art, to tap features or paired menus, to themed events. With the inclusion of Manitoba for 2019, this is the first time that feBREWary takes place in three Canadian provinces.
Beau’s feBREWary also takes place at the Vankleek Hill brewery each weekend, where each new feBREWary beer will be sold in 600 ml bottles. The brewery will have a selection of different events and attractions each weekend, including a mobile escape room, giveaways and prizes, live music, beer education presentations, games and of course, free brewery tours and tastings of what’s on tap. Round-trip bus packages to the brewery are available every Saturday and Sunday from Ottawa, and bus packages from Montreal are available March 2-3. Tickets can be purchased at the links below.
Ottawa Bus Packages https://www.brewdonkey.ca/
Beau’s will again be raising funds during feBREWary in memory of Bryce Elder, a special friend of the Beauchesne family. In memory of Bryce, a portion of sales over the month will be donated to Ottawa skateboarding and youth mentorship not-for-profit For Pivot’s Sake, as well as the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada.
More details about Beau’s month-long feBREWary celebrations (including where to find the feBREWary beers) will continue to be updated at www.beaus.ca/febrewary.