Roasted Naturally Inspired by Butterball Turkey with Beau’s Gravy
Prep Time20 minutes
Ideal Cooking Time-
Number of servings-
- Remove thawed turkey from packaging and discard giblets and neck. Drain juices and blot with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 325˚F (165˚C).
- Stuff neck and body cavities lightly. Allow ¾ cup stuffing per pound (optional).
- Place turkey, breast up, on flat rack in pan about 8cm (3″) deep. Brush skin with vegetable oil to prevent drying. Do not cover or add water.
- Place turkey in middle of oven. Roast according to chart on package. To prevent skin from becoming too dark, cover with aluminum foil near end of cooking time. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer, thigh should be minimum 180˚F (82˚C) and stuffing should be minimum 165˚F (74˚C).
- When cooked, remove from oven and let stand for at least 15 minutes.
- Remove turkey from roasting pan and cover with tinfoil to keep warm. While resting, use drippings to make Beau’s gravy.
- Deglaze roasting pan drippings with Beau’s Lug-Tread Lagered Ale.
- Add flour to create a roux with the drippings, then add stock.
- Whisk mixture together and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened to gravy consistency.
- Add rosemary, parsley, and orange zest.
- Season with salt and serve with carved turkey!