Creamy Beer Whole Chicken with Beau’s Night Märzen and Mushrooms
We’ve partnered with Beretta Farms to create a Creamy Beer Whole Chicken made with Night Märzen!
Ideal Cooking Time1 hour, 15 minutes
Number of servings-
- 1 whole Beretta Chicken
- 1 473 mL Beau’s Night Märzen (or Lug Tread)
- 6 whole Garlic cloves
- 1 organic Chicken Bouillon cube, diluted into beer
- Sea Salt and Fresh ground pepper
- 2 small Red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 Cups sliced mushrooms
- ½ Cup Beau’s Night Märzen amber lager (or Lug Tread) / plus remaining sauce from cooking chicken (this can be added after you prepare the rest of sauce)
- 5 Tbls butter
- 4 Tbls flour
- ½ Cup heavy Cream
- 1 tsp sugar
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Place Whole chicken in roasting pan. Mix together beer, garlic cloves, bouillon cube, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over whole chicken and place into 350 oven, uncovered for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until thermometer reads 165 on the thick part of the thigh, not touching bone. During cooking time of the chicken, prepare mushroom sauce.
Melt butter in medium size frying pan. Add onions and mushroom, sauté until browned. Once onions and mushrooms start to stick, add beer and deglaze the pan. Making sure to scrape the bottom to get all the browned parts off. Cook for 2 minutes. Add flour, cream, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix until thick and creamy. Once chicken is fully cooked, if you have any remaining liquids in the roasting pan, add them to the sauce, it will just make it that much tastier. Place sauce into gravy boat and pour over cut up chicken.