Buenos Dias Citrus Poached Shrimp
The warm weather is finally on our doorstep. Beau’s Brewing Co.’s in-house chef, Elisa Matte, has come up with the perfect recipe to make the most out of the sunny weather. Buenos Dias Citrus Poached Shrimp is a dish bursting with mouth watering, citrus flavours that we all crave as soon as the temperature hits the double-digits.
Ten minutes of prep, a little patience while it marinates overnight, eight minutes of cook time — then you’ve got the perfect dish to complement a warm spring or summer day or evening. This dish can also be served in tacos, and it pairs brilliantly with our fan-favourite gruit ale, Buenos Dias: Brewed with organic California orange peel, organic Mexican lime juice and organic lime peel, plus a lick of sea salt.
Ideal Cooking Time8 minutes
Number of servings2
1 lb peeled, deveined shrimp.
60 ml Buenos Dias (approx. 2 oz.)
1 lime, zested and juiced
1 orange, zest, juiced
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp kosher salt
- Zest and juice both the lime and orange, place in a bowl with Buenos Dias and olive oil. Reserve the salt for later.
- Toss in shrimp and stir until fully coated. Place in a zipper bag or air tight container and refrigerate for 4-12 hours.
- Remove the shrimp from the fridge after 4-12 hours.
- In a shallow pot, drain off liquid marinade into pot and heat until boiling.
- Place shrimp in boiling liquid and cover pot for 4-6 minutes or until shrimp turns pink in color.
- Remove from heat, drain liquid immediately. Season with reserved kosher salt and serve.