Mayan Chocolate and Chili Cookies
For the cookie batter:
1 ¼ cup butter, soft
¾ cup white sugar
1 ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cup cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tbsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. black pepper, ground
¼ tsp. chili powder
1 cup chocolate chips
½ cup white sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. chili flakes
1. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
2. Add in the eggs. Mix well.
3. Sift together the dry batter ingredients. Fold the dry ingredients in to the wet mixture.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Refrigerate the batter until firm.
6. In a separate bowl mix together the topping ingredients.
7. Once the dough is firm, roll in to 1 balls. Toss them in the topping ingredients.
8. Place on dough balls on a baking sheet, spacing them 2” apart. Don’t flatten.
9. Bake at 350º for 8-10 minutes.
10. Let rest for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.