Ham and Cheese Baked Pastry
The perfect pairing for Triceratops Tripel (Gruit Tripel, 9%).
Try this ham and cheese baked pastry at the brewery this weekend or make it yourself at home. Try the recipe below.
Cook Time: 20-25 min.
Yield: 4 servings
1 sheet of puff pastry
250 grams wheel of brie cheese, whole
100 grams of smoked Ham, deli sliced thin.
1 large egg
2 tbsp. Ground/Grainy Mustard*
1 tbsp. Triceratops Tripel
½ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- Thaw pastry in the fridge over night or until pliable but not soft.
- Roll out pastry lightly. Place on a lined baking sheet.
- With a wet knife, slice the cheese wheel through the middle in one slice. Open soft side up. Place one side in the middle of the pastry.
- In a bowl mix together the mustard and beer. Divide and spread the mustard mixture evenly between both halves of cheese.
- Layer and drape the ham over the one half of cheese on the pastry, keeping the slices fluffy. This will give the cheese a space to melt into.
- Lay the top half of the cheese, mustard side down, on top of the ham. Creating a sandwich.
- Trim the edges of the pastry to form a circle.
- Wrap the pastry up the sides of the cheese and crimp the edges like a pie crust.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and brush over pastry and top of cheese.
- Refrigerate the pastry-wrapped cheese for 2 hours, to firm up pastry.
- Pull the pastry out of the fridge. Sprinkle with the pepper.
- Bake at 425° for 15-20 min.
- Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Serve alongside a baguette, crackers, or sliced vegetables.