Beau’s Brewery launches its podcast, Lagered Tales
Beau’s Brewing Co. is expanding into the world of new media with the release of its own brewery podcast. The first three episodes of the podcast, called Lagered Tales, are available now across all platforms, including iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, and at beaus.ca/podcast.
Using the independent craft brewery’s ethos as a touchstone, Beau’s reaches out in Lagered Tales to connect with like-minded guests, share fun and funny stories, highlight innovative thinking in businesses and communities, and explore the many points that craft beer intersects with life (food, music, etc.). The segments are produced and hosted in true Beau’s DIY style, by the brewery’s employee-owners. Guests on the first 3 episodes include:
- East Coast musician Joel Plaskett, whose show at Beau’s Oktoberfest this fall was cancelled by the threat from a series of tornadoes that touched down that afternoon nearby
- David Ridgen, host of CBC’s popular true crime podcast Someone Knows Something
- Erica Campbell, co-founder of the Society of Beer Drinking Ladies
- John Keeling, former Brewmaster at Fuller’s in England & renowned beer expert
- Diane Hodgins of Fogo Island’s social enterprise Shorefast Foundation, & Jonas Bonnetta, who creates instrumental music using the sounds of Fogo Island
“There are tonnes of podcasts about beer out there, but very few that are written and produced in-house by a craft brewery,” says Beau’s co-founder Steve Beauchesne. “Podcasting as a medium gives us a chance to speak in our own voice in a very real way, to tell people what we stand for and why. Being independent, we don’t need to hire a marketing agency to do this for us. It’s just the collective voice of the people who work here, and our culture.”
The first three episodes of Lagered Tales presented by Beau’s are available now. New episodes will be coming out every two weeks, with the next one due out Nov. 29.