Ideal Cooking Time
Number of servings
- 4 centre cut wild salmon fillets (6 oz each) or 4 trout fillets (8 oz each)
- ½ cup Beau’s Lug Tread Lagered Ale
- 1 lb asparagus or leeks, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- ½ lb oyster mushrooms, shredded
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, leaves only, chopped
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley, leaves only, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- Freshly milled black pepper
- In a small pan, melt butter over medium heat until light brown and fragrant—about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut four 14” x 10“ rectangles of parchment paper. Fold each in half crosswise. Trim corners to make folded half-heart shape. Unfold to have a large parchment paper heart. Repeat with the other pieces.
- Place a fillet the center of the parchment paper heart. Brush the salmon with the melted butter, and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper. Top with the oyster mushrooms and asparagus, then sprinkle herbs evenly over top. Drizzle the top with 2 tbsps of Beau’s Lug Tread. Repeat for the other three servings.
- To wrap: Begin by folding the paper over to cover fish and veggies. Then, starting at rounded end, fold over the edge in small pleats, overlapping and pleating to enclose. Twist pointed end to secure.
- Place the fish parcels on a large rimmed baking sheet. Preheat your BBQ grill to medium-high. Place baking sheet on the grill and cook for 10 minutes with the lid closed.
- Remove the baking sheet from the grill and let stand for five minutes.
- Cut or tear open the parcel, being careful to avoid escaping steam. Serve alongside new potatoes steamed with butter