Chocolate Pudding Cakes with Tom Green Cherry Syrup
The secret to this dessert is getting the best chocolate you can. The darker the better, 70% is ideal. Serving it with the cherry & malt syrup will match lovingly with the stout.
Prep Time30 minutes
Ideal Cooking Time20 minutes
Number of servings6 dessert servings
1 cup + 2 tbsp. homogenized milk
3/4 cup sugar
7/8 cup soft goat cheese
1/2 cup or 4 ounces chocolate, melted
2 tbsp. soft butter + enough butter for the ramekins
2 1/2″ thick slices white bread, crusts removed and diced
1 tbsp. + 2 tsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. dry cinnamon
For the Tom Green Cherry Syrup:
1 cup Tom Green Cherry Milk Stout
3/4 cup cane sugar
2 tbsp. Pilsner malt, cracked in a coffee grinder
1 cup sweet cherries, pitted
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Bring a kettle to the boil.
- Butter 6 ramekins, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Blend well with a hand mixer. The mixture should be well combined and will be a little lumpy.
- Divide the mixture between the buttered ramekins and place the ramekins in a roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to come about halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Check the cakes, they should be very mildly wiggly when shaken. If they haven’t set continue baking for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the roasting pan from the oven. Gently remove the ramekins from the pan to a wire rack. Let cool for one hour.
- Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
- Dust the tops of the cakes with icing sugar and serve.
Try serving with a side of our Tom Green Cherry Syrup.
To make the syrup:
- Place the beer, malt and sugar in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes or until the ingredients are the consistency of maple syrup.
- Add the cherries and continue to boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Cool and serve with the cakes.