Cherry Revue: Baked Brie in Phyllo with Honey, Dried Cherries & Rosemary
Prep Time10 min.
Ideal Cooking Time15-20 min. | Rest time: 20 min.
Number of servings6-8
• 8 sheets frozen phyllo
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1/3 cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
• 1 (16 oz.) brie cheese round (about 6 inches in diameter)
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice off the top rind of the brie and discard.
2. Place one sheet of phyllo on the table and brush with melted butter, gently lay the next sheet on top and repeat until 8 layers are buttered. Trim the corners of the pile of sheets to form a circle 2 inches larger than the round of cheese. Place the brie on top of the pastry, rind side down. Drizzle the top of the cheese with the honey, and then top with the dried cherries and rosemary.
3. Brush the exposed edges of the pastry with the remaining butter. Crimp the edges firmly around the top of the cheese, leaving the top slightly open. Set aside.
4. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown. Let stand for 20 minutes, then serve with fruit and crackers.
5. Note: You can prepare this appetizer ahead of time up until the baking step; refrigerate until ready to cook.