Buenos Dias Scallop Ceviche
Fresh and citrusy, this recipe is a beautiful combination of impeccably fresh seafood, citrus & herbs. With a touch of chili heat it is perfect to play with the citrus notes & freshness of Buenos Dias.
Prep Time10 minutes
Ideal Cooking Time30 minutes
Number of servings4 appetizer servings, 2 entree servings
8 large fresh scallops, sliced in half lengthwise
3 tbsp Buenos Dias
4 limes, juices
1 avocado, diced
2 cups salad greens
1 red chili pepper, finely minced
½ red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely shredded
½ tsp kosher salt, plus extra to season
Fresh milled pepper, to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
- In a bowl toss the scallops with the salt. Let sit for one minute.
- Add the red onion, lime juice, beer, chili pepper to the bowl.
- Toss mixture and make sure all the scallops are coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the fridge and lift the scallops out of the marinade. Leave the excess liquid in the bowl.
- Place the scallops on 4 chilled salad plates.
- Using the bowl the scallops were marinated in, toss the salad greens and avocado with the olive oil. Add a good grind of freshly milled black pepper & a pinch of sea salt.
Arrange the salad nicely on the plates and serve.