Job Title: Western Distribution Manager
Location: Toronto, ON
The Western Distribution Manager, is responsible for the Distribution network operations in Western Ontario. This includes two warehouses, warehouse staff, delivery drivers, and the management team. A background and interest in logistics from receiving, storing, and distribution of goods is essential.
- Managing a wide and diverse group of Dispatch, Warehouse and Delivery personnel while keeping a focus on On-Time Delivery to customers while focusing on safety, efficiency in movements of all kinds and quality.
- Working with entire staff working out of warehouse and distribution to set a baseline for tidy and clean warehouse and maintain it daily.
- Managing and messaging any current or upcoming manpower issues.
- Understanding the day to day function of all roles in department, being able to find quick and proper solutions to delivery, quality and customer service issues.
- Creation of new processes with the aid of Distribution Manager and others working out of Toronto, rolling them out to staff and peers (Sales and Events) to ensure complete understanding and compliance.
- Managing facility to ensure safety is the priority along with cost savings and proper tools are in place and dealing with site landlords, interior set ups (racking, docking mechanisms and parking)
- With the aid of the Distribution Manager manage fleet of vehicles to ensure they are up to par and suitable for needs and are cost effective.
- Working with entire Distribution team to train, maintain and solve any MTO/CVOR issues as they arise or as new employees come on board.
- Analysis and solutions for over scheduling of routes, new and open routes for delivery and execution of new solutions.
- Keeping an open and good relationship with all internal customers and ensuring the proper solutions are put into place and followed.
- Wide view and detailed examination of inventory on a day to day basis. Working with material handlers, delivery drivers, sales support and entire Inventory team to keep inventory accuracy @ a 95% or above accuracy by putting new processes, protocols in place and following up with root-cause explanations for issues that arise.
- A solutions bases, company first and professional demeanor when dealing with issues or conflict.
- Working with the Supply Chain/Distribution manager focusing all attention on goals set and tracking them, rolling out company initiatives as it pertains to day to day functions and roles.
- Taking part in yearly reviews and performance related actions as they arise.
- Helping team set up new facilities and refining needs within facilities we already have.
- Executing weekly team meetings, assigning actions and taking part in executing solutions that come from within or from outside of group.
- Leading and auditing the Health and Safety Group in western facilities and conducting monthly 5S walk throughs and initiatives.
- Working with team to create and maintain short week schedules that are flexible and feasible to execute.
- Keeping lines of communication open and clear with Vankleek Hill.
- Extensive experience with supply chain shipping and warehousing environment.
- Understanding of docking schedules, picking and real time inventory management.
- Managing schedules, manpower and shift work.
- Senior inventory management experience.
- Working within Ontario labour guidelines and scheduling manpower.
- Knowledge of an ERP business system and ability to interpret data.
- A good understanding of Excel, computers, and superior email communication.
- High level vision focusing on safety, efficiency and ability to think outside of the box and come up with solutions for problems that arise.
- Some travel within Ontario will be required.
We appreciate all applications, however only those selected for interview will be contacted. If this is the role for you, please submit your resume and cover letter to Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are via email only.
Beau’s is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity and inclusion in our brewery. We promise to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. We are also able to provide accessibility accommodation during the recruitment process – just let us know with an email, and we’ll work with you to make sure your needs are met.