Job Title: Graphic Designer
Start Date: September 2017
Reports to: Art Director
We are seeking a Graphic Designer for a full-time position in Vankleek Hill, ON. We are looking for an individual who demonstrates creative thinking, and the ability to generate new and original ideas within the parameters of a brand objective. The successful candidate will work with the Design Department in executing a wide variety of assignment – from ideation through to implementation. After successful completion of a probationary period, there is opportunity to work from home 1-2 days a week at the manager’s discretion.
The Graphic Designer will be contributing to the continued success of Beau’s All Natural Brewing Company and joining an award-winning design department who have won awards from the Ontario Craft Brewers (OCB) Centre of Excellence, the Applied Arts Design Awards, the Mondial de la Bière Design Contest, and HOW Magazine’s 2016 In-House Design Awards.
- Work with the Design Team to execute a wide variety of creative assignments, from concept development through to finished product
- Create signage, posters, collateral materials and promotional items for licensees, special events and retail environment
- Assist the Marketing Department with new marketing concepts, initiatives and projects
- Work alongside the Content Team to develop and design key content pieces
- Support Sales and Media departments with artwork and image requests
- Maintain database of images and artwork in a clear, organized and timely manner
- Update and maintain website content, including images and video, as well as design artwork for website and social media promotions
- Communicate and present ideas to the design team and marketing department
- Travel as required and perform other relevant duties assigned by the Art Director
Skills & Experience
- Completed a minimum of 3 years in Design, Art or Advertising at college or university level; or equivalent relevant experience as a Graphic Designer or Creative Professional
- Fundamental knowledge of the principles and elements of Design
- Strong knowledge and skill with typography and layout
- Strong conceptual illustration and logo design skills
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Working knowledge of Web Design (HTML & CSS); experience with Content Managements Systems (WordPress, Drupal, Shopify) an asset
- Knowledge of print production processes
- Strong communications skills, with an ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Understanding of maintaining brand guidelines and the relationship between branding and the principles of design
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy, attention to detail or quality
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a strong attention to detail
- Experience solving problems quickly and initiating projects, while taking a proactive and smart approach
- Ability to work alongside content creators, marketers and other creative individuals
- Ability to work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Experience with bilingual design considered an asset
- Passion, integrity, enthusiasm and a strong commitment to operating within a team environment that is rapidly changing required!
- Motion graphics knowledge considered an asset
If the job description above sounds like you, please submit your resume, creative cover letter and a sample portfolio (PDF or online), including print and online work, to Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all applications; however only those that meet the qualifications will be contacted. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered; due to the volume of applications, no phone calls please.
Beau’s is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity and inclusion in our brewery. We promise to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. We are also able to provide accessibility accommodation during the recruitment process – just let us know with an email to email@example.com, and we’ll work with you to make sure your needs are met.
Beau’s All Natural Brewing is a close-knit, family and friends company. We take collective pride in creating unique, wonderful and organic craft beer, conceived with honest consideration for the environment and our local communities, and delivered with a sense of friendly relationship building. A job with Beau’s means joining a new family – including all the family outings, eye rolling humour and wacky siblings you can handle. We have an assertive company culture of camaraderie, strong leadership, ethics, innovation, passion and genuine enthusiasm for what we do. Life moves pretty fast at Beau’s All Natural. We brew using equal parts art and science. And we always have time for our friends.