Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Date: June 2017
Reports to: Communications Director
The Communications Coordinator role is a full-time, salaried position based in Vankleek Hill. After the successful completion of the probationary period there is opportunity to work remotely with supervisor’s approval, up to two days per week.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing media lists and making contacts in new markets
- Writing press releases
- Updating existing communications materials
- Coordinating communications projects such as media days, product launches, and public relations projects.
- Preparing mail outs and packages for beer or related media
- Identifying and developing relationships with media influencers
- Writing pitches for story ideas or product placement
- Attending Beau’s events as a representative and to develop media relationships (some evenings/weekends may be required)
- Writing talking points/PR materials for public appearances
- Copyediting/proofreading for communications and content projects as well as other marketing department teams as needed.
- Assistance in the development and delivery of innovative communications projects
- Ongoing assistance to Communications Director as required and assigned
- Additional tasks as assigned by the Creative Director and Marketing Director
- Work on editing and proofreading as well as content development for projects as assigned
- Research and draft proposals for employee speaking engagements across Canada
- Targeted reach-out to media in new markets
- Proofreading beer-related content developed by the Communications Director
- Assisting in the written content development for sales support materials, marketing materials, and other materials as needed
- A degree or diploma in public relations, journalism, marketing, communications, advertising, or digital communications for business programs, or equivalent experience
- Experience writing in a professional capacity; published in corporate sector, public sector, online, or other platforms.
- Ability to work on teams and independently
- Ability to multitask and perform under pressure
- Interest in the craft brewing industry
- An enthusiastic, fun and outgoing personality
- Knowledge and use of Google apps – docs, sheets, calendar, drive
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and customer service skills
- Basecamp, Mailchimp, WordPress, Shopify, Meltwater and Squarespace knowledge an asset
- Knowledge of the brewing process an asset
- French communication skills (reading/writing/spoken) are an asset
- Additional technical, marketing, and visual skills an asset (tell us all about your hidden talents!)
- Previous experience with media/influencer relations an asset
- Experience planning events an asset
- Smart serve is an asset
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Computer literate
- Creative Problem Solving
- Ability to work independently
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven team player who is both flexible and adaptable
- Ability to prepare and deliver reports when requested
Please apply with a resume and creative cover letter and include three samples of your writing to Kate at email@example.com. Applications without the writing samples will not be considered.
Beau’s is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity and inclusion in our brewery. We promise to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. We are also able to provide accessibility accommodation during the recruitment process – just let us know with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll work with you to make sure your needs are met.
Beau’s All Natural Brewing is a close-knit, family-and-friends company. We take collective pride in creating wonderful organic craft beer, conceived with honest consideration for the environment and our local communities, and delivered with a sense of friendly relationship. A job with Beau’s means joining a new family – including all the family outings, eye-rolling humour, and wacky siblings you can handle. We have an assertive company culture of camaraderie, strong leadership, ethics, innovation, passion, and genuine enthusiasm for what we do. Life moves pretty fast at Beau’s. We brew using equal parts art and science. And we always have time for our friends.