Summer of Lug: 600 ml BottleLagered Ale • 5.2% • Summer of Lug
It’s the #SummerofLug, so dig out your acid wash cut-offs, big brick cell phone and high-top sneakers, and grab yourself a Lug Tread. Celebrate summer with the original Lagered Ale.
History & Style
Lug-Tread is our tribute to the classic Kölsch beers of Cologne, Germany. It is versatile and well suited to any season or occasion, with satisfying, chewy malts to warm in the colder months, and a refreshing, crisp finish to quench a summer’s thirst. The tracks left in the mud from a small tractor’s Lug Tread tell the tale of honest hard work and close family ties.
Lug-Tread pours a brilliantly clear straw gold, with rocky white foam. A Graham cracker malt character mingles with notes of freshly cut hay and a subtle touch of apple. Sweet, grainy malt is followed by balanced hop bitterness, and the finish is clean and dry.
Pizza marinara, salad Niçoise, brined & slow roasted pork shoulder,picnic fare such as cold roast chicken, Abbey-style cheeses.
• Gold, Canadian Brewing Awards (2014, 2013, 2012, 2010)
• Best Beer in Ontario, Golden Tap Awards (2015, 2014, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007)
• Ontario “Craft Beers of the Legislature” Selection, “Refreshing Ale” category (2015)
• LCBO Brewmaster’s Cup, Champion (2013)
• Best Beer, National Capital Craft Beer Festival (2013, 2012)
Local Spring Water, Organic Barley & Wheat Malts, Organic Hops, Brewer’s Yeast.
Pilsner, Wheat, Carafoam, Acidulated (all organic)
Perle, Hersbrucker (all organic)
German Ale Yeast