NOW HIRING: KITCHEN COORDINATOR
Job Title: Kitchen Coordinator
Date: March 2017
Reports to: Tap Room Manager
Beau’s All Natural Brewing is a close-knit, family and friends company. We take collective pride in creating unique, wonderful and organic craft beer, conceived with honest consideration for the environment and our local communities, and delivered with a sense of friendly relationship building. A job with Beau’s means joining a new family – including all the family outings, eye rolling humour and wacky siblings you can handle. We have an assertive company culture of camaraderie, strong leadership, ethics, innovation, passion and genuine enthusiasm for what we do. Life moves pretty fast at Beau’s All Natural. We brew using equal parts art and science. And we always have time for our friends.
If you have a passion for creative culinary arts and craft beer, we want you to join our team! We are currently looking for a Kitchen Coordinator for a full-time, salaried position based in Vankleek Hill, Ontario.
The Kitchen Coordinator is responsible for the supervision and training of kitchen staff, in addition to the production, quality assurance, and assistance in profitability of all menu items. Reporting directly to the Tap Room Manager, the Kitchen Coordinator will assist with the creation of recipes for menu items, supervise seasonal cooks to ensure quality controls are adhered too, and assist with the control of inventory. In addition, the Kitchen Coordinator will be responsible for daily operations of the Summer patio, coordination of group functions with the retail management and drive the delivery of the “Beau’s Experience” to each and every guest.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with menu planning, staffing, training, purchasing and receiving, food preparations, proper storage, cleaning of dishes and equipment as well as maintaining a high level of quality and profitability in all Food & Beverage offering.
- Supervision and direction of culinary program.
- Provide input into new menu development, capturing and capitalizing on foodservice trends with Tap Room Manager.
- Recommend and implement preparation to reduce costs of goods sold (COGS).
- Supervise all kitchen personnel to insure correct methodologies are followed and company philosophy is maintained.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area adhering to food safety and health standards, trains others to maintain high standards to prevent damage or injury.
- Prioritize and delegate tasks in kitchen layout and prep. Maintain time line for prep.
- Train seasonal/new staff with techniques to insure speed and quality of menu.
- Maintain par-stocks of food product, inventory and paper products for all menu items based on sales mix. Requisition all products required in a timely manner for prompt delivery to warehouse and provide the pick-up of all deliveries from warehouse to kitchen. Suitable vehicle in good working order is required.
- Ensures food ingredients are stored in their designated area, labeled and rotated in the proper manner.
- Clearly and openly communicate with manager, detailing any and all needs of the food service business, including kitchen, patio and outside food events.
- Working through service side by side with fellow kitchen members in friendly, professional manner.
- Minimum 4 years combined kitchen/cooking experience, supervisory/management experience.
- Culinary related post-secondary education.
- Driver’s License and clean driving abstract.
- Access to a reliable vehicle.
- Effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to act as a leader
- Willingness to be flexible with roles to include interaction with guests of Beau’s facilities where required.
- Maintain good rapport with suppliers and sales people from various partners.
- Must be punctual, dependable and flexible to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work under pressure and take initiative in a fast paced environment.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to understand and carryout recipes.
- Knowledge of food handling and sanitization standards.
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and make quick decisions.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene stamina
- The ability to deal calmly with unexpected situations and crises.
If the job description above sounds like you, please apply to the attention of Kate at email@example.com and tell us about yourself in a creative cover letter. We appreciate all applications; however only those that meet the qualifications will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Beau’s is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity and inclusion in our brewery. We promise to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. We are also able to provide accessibility accommodation during the recruitment process – just let us know with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you to make sure your needs are met.