NOW HIRING: CULTURE AMBASSADOR / ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Job Title: Culture Ambassador / Engagement Specialist
Date: March 2017
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Beau’s All Natural Brewing is a close-knit, family and friends company. We take collective pride in creating unique, wonderful and organic craft beer, conceived with honest consideration for the environment and our local communities, and delivered with a sense of friendly relationship building. A job with Beau’s means joining a new family – including all the family outings, eye rolling humour and wacky siblings you can handle. We have an assertive company culture of camaraderie, strong leadership, ethics, innovation, passion and genuine enthusiasm for what we do. Life moves pretty fast at Beau’s. We brew using equal parts art and science. And we always have time for our friends.
We are currently seeking an individual who can help institutionalize the cherished Beau’s Values and Culture into every aspect of our processes, our customer (internal and external) interactions and our physical environment. The ideal candidate will be charismatic and passionate about people, environment and process development with the goal of enhancing our unique and cherished culture as well as employee and customer engagement.
This is a tremendous opportunity to develop and spearhead a multi-year initiative commencing with two primary projects in our current fiscal year. This first involves working with the HR and Marketing teams to assist with raising awareness of Beau’s Vision, Mission and Values for new and existing employees. Concurrently, they will be responsible for preparing the overarching framework that will be used initially in a few key customer facing processes to define, measure, train and ultimately improve these elements over time. In subsequent years, further rollout and adoption will continue as we develop and institutionalize this best in class framework.
- Work collaboratively with the HR and Marketing teams to produce materials that will assist in raising the awareness of Beau’s culture, mission, vision and values internally with new and existing employees, through a variety of mediums including videos, written content, presentations and/or other promotional materials.
- In conjunction with the Beau’s management team, identify the key metrics to be used in a Beau’s proprietary culture framework;
- Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to identify and define key customer facing processes, touchpoints (both personal and environmental interactions).
- Challenge the status quo by guiding teams outside of their comfort zone to look for easy opportunities to make substantive, incremental improvements in alignment with the culture framework.
- Develop and incorporate easy to use scorecards, training support and tools to ensure consistent application that meets or exceeds quality standards.
- Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to critically assess situations and processes and make sound, reasonable recommendations for improvement;
- Outstanding customer focused and sales skills;
- Charismatic personality, high degree of empathy, great sense of humour and “can do” attitude to be able to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and move engagement and culture objectives forward with support and buy in;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to change with a keen eye for continual process improvement;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Knowledge and love of the craft beer industry;
- Knowledge of a variety of customer facing processes (and their associated internal workflows) and touchpoints within Beau’s;
- Must be a strong proponent of Beau’s mission, vision, values and culture;
- Detail oriented with the ability to see the bigger picture;
- Highly computer literate, including proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), Google Docs, and Google Mail or MS Outlook;
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills. French is a strong asset;
- Project management skills; and
- Previous HR, training or professional development experience is an asset.
- Some travel may be required.
- Post-secondary education required, specialization in business, marketing or human resources preferred.
- Interacts with employees and management at all levels.
- Work location will primarily be split between Ottawa and Vankleek Hill.
- Overtime and occasional domestic travel may be required.
If the job description above sounds like you, please apply to the attention of Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about yourself in a creative cover letter. We appreciate all applications; however only those that meet the qualifications will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Beau’s is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity and inclusion in our brewery. We promise to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. We are also able to provide accessibility accommodation during the recruitment process – just let us know with an email to email@example.com and we’ll work with you to make sure your needs are met.