NOW HIRING: Event Coordinator – GTA/SW Ontario
Job Title: Event Coordinator
Date: April 2017
Location: GTA & SW Ontario
Beau’s All Natural Brewing is a close-knit, family-and-friends company. We take collective pride in creating unique, wonderful and organic craft beer, conceived with honest consideration for the environment and our local communities, and delivered with a sense of friendly relationship. A job with Beau’s All Natural means joining a new family – including all the family outings, eye-rolling humour, and wacky siblings you can handle. We have an assertive company culture of camaraderie, strong leadership, ethics, innovation, passion, and genuine enthusiasm for what we do. Life moves pretty fast at Beau’s All Natural. We brew using equal parts art and science. And we always have time for our friends.
The Events Department at Beau’s is growing! We are seeking an Event Coordinator for the GTA and Southwestern Ontario region to join the events team, reporting to the Events Manager. The Event Coordinator will be responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising Beau’s participation in a wide variety of events and sponsorships.
The Event Coordinator develops positive relationships with event stakeholders, the local community, events staff and our fans. The Event Coordinator works with the Events Manager, other Event Coordinators, events staff and volunteers to ensure event participation meets the goals of the department.
- Oversee the intake, planning, coordination, and participation in events, including trade shows, promotional events, charitable events, festivals, exhibitions, and dinners
- Manage internal and external event communications
- Assist with sponsorship and donation intake and assessment
- Oversee the financial and project management of individual events
- On site coordination of events: event staffing, setup and teardown.
- Travel to events in the GTA and South Western Ontario region.
- Liaison with (Manage) clients, vendors and suppliers
- Liaise with internal and external event stakeholders
- Manage and maintain inventory of beer allocation, event equipment and materials
- Maintain detailed and accurate files with inputting up to date information into database including tracking charitable donations and sponsorships
- Produce debrief reports on individual events upon completion
- Coordinate the delivery of beer and materials to events
- Assist the Events Manager with sales efforts, including generating sales leads, contract negotiation and sponsorships
- Assist the Events Manager in community building efforts, including community partnerships and outreach, charitable donations and community sponsorships
- Assist the Events Manager in identifying key events for participation, and performing registration tasks
- Recruit and train front line staff/volunteers including the Summer Event Staff
- Assist with Customer Engagement tasks during events
- Create invoices and assist A/R responsibilities with business management software
- Assist the Marketing Department with new marketing concepts, initiatives and projects
- Provide logistical support and event coordination assistance to other teams and departments, such as sales and retail.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the Events Manager and provide administrative support to other members of the events team.
- Post-Secondary School Diploma in Business, Marketing, Public Relations or Events Management preferred
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in event coordination or management preferred
- Smart Serve certified
- Experience managing volunteers and event staff
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement, tact and discretion when dealing with others
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with strong time management skills, a keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines
- Experience solving problems quickly and initiating projects, while taking a proactive and smart approach
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Basic financial skills and ability to oversee budgets
- Valid driver’s license and a clean drivers abstract
- Access to a reliable vehicle
- Experience with the Google Drive suite of products, social media platforms and Basecamp an asset
- Bilingualism (English and French) considered an asset
- Beer, bar and draft equipment experience an asset
- Passion, integrity, enthusiasm and a strong commitment to operating within a team environment that is rapidly changing required!
We appreciate all applications, however only those selected for interview will be contacted. If this is the role for you, please submit your resume and cover letter to Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are via email only.
Beau’s is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity and inclusion in our brewery. We promise to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. We are also able to provide accessibility accommodation during the recruitment process – just let us know with an email, and we’ll work with you to make sure your needs are met.