Mot the Hopple is a collaborative beer creation, made with our friends at Henderson Brewing Company. We brewed this amber ale to celebrate camaraderie in the Ontario craft brewing community, and to shine a spotlight on one of its newest members, Henderson Brewing Company. Welcome aboard!
6.6 % • Collaboration with Henderson Brewing
History & Style
This 6.6% amber ale is made with Caramunich malt, Pacific Gem and Simcoe hops, as well as a healthy addition of Motueka (“Mot”) aroma hops., and dry-hopped with Citra.
Pours a bright mahogany with white foam. The aroma has generous notes of grapefruit-like citrus and resinous pine. The vibrant hop notes in the flavour are counterbalanced by a slightly roasty and full-bodied malt backbone. The finish offers lingering fruity hop notes.
Jerk chicken with fried plantain; lamb curry with coriander, black cardamom and buttermilk, served with naan; Meyer lemon & clementine cheesecake with gingersnap crust; crispy Korean fried chicken; pungent blue cheeses such as Bleu d’Élizabeth or l’Ermite from Québec; old raw milk cheddar.
- ALC/VOL: 6.6 %
- INGREDIENTS: Local spring water, organic barley malts, organic roasted barley, organic hops, organic cane sugar, brewer's yeast.
- MALTS: Caramunich, Carafoam, Caraaroma, Acidulated
- HOPS: Pacific Gem, Simcoe, Motueka, Citra
- YEAST: German ale
- IBU’S: 45
- OG: 14.3° P
- FG: 2.1° P
- SERVING TEMP.: 4-6° C
- GLASSWARE: Shaker
- The Red Light (1185 Dundas St West, Toronto, 416-533-6667)
- Tequilla Bookworm (512 Queen St West, Toronto, 416-504-2334)
- C’est What (67 Front St E, Toronto, 416-867-9791)
- The Loose Moose (146 Front St W, Toronto, 416-977-8840)
- The Rhino (1249 Queen St W, Toronto, 416-535-8089)