Farm Table Series are sessionable beers inspired by tradition and brewed true to a classic style. Märzen is the traditional Oktoberfest style of beer. This orangey-amber, malty lager has just the right amount of hops to balance the Munich malts.
5.5% • Farm Table Series
History & Style
Märzen is a traditional German lager style that takes its name from the month of March when it was historically brewed. The beer would then be lagered in cellars through the summer and then released for Oktoberfest celebrations.
Farm Table Marzen has a bready, biscuity malt backbone, with a firm hop presence that lends balancing bitterness. An ultra-clean lager finish completes the package in this highly drinkable beer.
Brined & crispy grilled pork chops, roast root vegetables (especially parsnips), macaroni & cheese with grilled ham & buttered breadcrumbs, Oka or Havarti cheeses.
- Third place, Amber/Dark European Lagers, Farm Table: Märzen (2015 National Organic Craft Beer Competition)
- Third Place, Lagers, as Night•Märzen (2014 National Organic Craft Beer Competition)
- 3rd Overall, as Night•Märzen (2009 National Organic Brewing Challenge, California, USA)
- ALC/VOL: 5.5%
- INGREDIENTS: Local spring water, organic barley malts, organic hops, brewer's yeast.
- MALTS: Munich, Vienna, Carafoam, Caramunich (all organic)
- HOPS: Organic Perle
- YEAST: German Lager
- IBU’S: 30
- OG: 12.8°P
- FG: 2.5°P
- SERVING TEMP.: 4-6°C
- GLASSWARE: Stein