Ten Certified B-Corp craft breweries have come together in the spirit of interdependence to create Brew the Change, an ale highlighting ingredients supplied by four fellow B-Corps. Certified B-Corps (Benefit Corporations) are for-profit companies who meet higher standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability, and who choose to use their business as a force for good. We are: Aslan Brewing, Beau’s All Natural Brewing, Bison Brewery, Brewery Vivant, Bull City Burger and Brewery, Hopworks Urban Brewery, New Belgium Brewing, North Coast, Persephone Brewing, and Picaroons Traditional Ales.
7.1% • B-Corp Breweries Collaboration
History & Style
A subtle staging of wheat and barley malts was chosen to allow the ingredients from our certified B-Corp suppliers (organic honey, organic cranberry juice, organic yerba mate, and organic Chinook hops) to truly shine in this inspired, purpose-driven ale.
- The African Bronze Honey Project is committed to sustainable practice and preserving traditional heritage while creating economic opportunity for independent beekeepers and their families in Africa.
- Crosby Hop Farms is one of only a handful of Salmon-Safe certified hop farms in the U.S., and maintains 5% biodiversity on its farmland.
- Guiyaki was the first Fair Trade Certified yerba mate company in the world.
- Starvation Alley Farms was the first certified organic cranberry farm in the state of Washington, and helps support neighbouring farmers to transition to organic as well.
Brew the Change pours deep gold with a slight haze and fluffy white foam. Aromas of honey and wildflowers abound. The initial flavour is that of sweet honey followed quickly by herbal, tannic yerba and tart cranberry. The finish offers mild mead-like lingering warmth and floral notes.
Rich charcuterie, hard cheeses such as cheddar (Glengarry Laankaster or Île-aux-Grues), French honey spice cake.
- ALC/VOL: 7.1%
- INGREDIENTS: Local spring water, organic barley and wheat malts, African Bronze* organic honey, Starvation Alley Farms* organic cranberry juice, Guayaki* organic yerba mate*, Crosby Hop Farms* organic hops, brewer's yeast. (*Certified B-Corps)
- MALTS: Pilsner, wheat, carafoam, acidulated (all organic)
- HOPS: Organic chinook
- YEAST: German ale
- IBU’S: 14
- OG: 15.6° P
- FG: 2.6° P
- SERVING TEMP.: 6-8° C
- GLASSWARE: Toscana